JOB DESCRIPTION: TRAINING COORDINATOR
• Coordinate Horizons International's global missions and discipleship training programs.
• Participate in Horizons International's strategic planning as it pertains to training.
• Assist the Director of Training in the development and maintenance of strategic alliances with other organizations in Muslim ministry.
A. Marketing, Promoting, Recruiting, and Strategic Alliances
• Work with the Communications department to create, distribute, and publish materials to promote the training programs.
• Actively recruit potential trainees in strategic and creative ways.
• Work with the Director of Training to organize and communicate with ministry contacts.
• Seek out strategic alliances with individuals, churches, educational institutions, and organizations, with the goal of increasing the number of trainees who come to events, as well as finding venues at which Horizons can provide training.
B. Training Curriculum/Resources
• Participate in the Curriculum Development Team (CDT) by scheduling it's meetings, taking notes, and sharing feedback.
• Oversee development and production of training materials for each event.
• Assist in maintaining the electronic structure for the development and revision of training plan and curriculum.
• Maintain the global training calendar, and update the marketing and communications staff for promotion of events.
C. Training Events
• Determine, with the Leadership Team, each year’s training plan (date, location, etc.).
• Develop a budget for each training event.
• Publish the year’s training program and revise it as required.
• Ensure that all training events are promoted (websites, mailings, e-mail, advertising, tables at conferences such as Urbana, etc.).
• Ensure that all training events are appropriately managed (e.g., registration, production of materials, sale of books, collection and reporting of funds).
• Follow-up on attendees after training for future ministry contacts.
D. Internship Program
• Determine, with the Leadership Team, if an Internship Program will be offered each academic year, based on available candidates and staff resources.
• Assist the Internship Director in coordinating the Internship Program when it is offered.
We desire all staff to raise their salary through partnerships with churches and individuals, however this position does not require it. Training will be provided in partnership development.
Horizons strives to build diverse teams, however we are unable to sponsor visas for those who don’t already have a U.S. passport or work visa.