International Student Ministry National Director
Lead a network of international student ministry staff and volunteers at all Horizons campus sites across the nation to win, build and send international students for Jesus Christ by providing ongoing encouragement, skills development, and direction.
Ability to encourage and equip people, experience in ministering
to international students, organizational skills to plan and implement activities,
demonstration of Biblical leadership.
1. Equip and train ISM staff at all sites, including:
- overseeing development of strategies to reach international students
- planning, organizing and implementing activities and special events
- follow-up with both Christian and non-Christian students
- initiating personal evangelism and discipleship
- mobilizing area churches to become involved
- building relationships with other Campus ministries
- building relationships with the International Student Office
2. Encourage ISM staff, including:
- communicating electronically on a regular basis with all ISM staff for prayer requests and encouragement.
- meeting monthly for prayer, encouragement and planning with ISM staff electronically
- helping staff develop their gifts & passion for ministry.
- planning and implementing annual National ISM staff retreat
- traveling to ISM locations as needed
- personal spiritual growth and development
3. Work to develop networking relationships with other National ISMs.
4. Recruiting individuals and ministries to join Horizon’s National team.
5. Participate in public speaking and training as needed.