Horizons Internship in Beirut, Lebanon
This page is for people interested in an internship with Horizons International in Lebanon. The internship has two possible tracks. The more traditional internship can last between 2 months and a year. The second option is called an externship, which lasts one month.
The internship is meant for anyone thinking about long term work in ministry in the future. This track lasts from 2 months to 1 year. You will begin with immersion in ministry in the heart of Lebanon with a schedule fitted to your talents and what God is calling you to do. The first few weeks will contain a broad overview of ministry in Lebanon. You will visit our other centers, several churches, and meet all five of our ministry directors. By the end of your first month, you will choose which ministry best fits your calling, and dive in for more intentional and independent involvement.
- Participate in training in Missions, Culture, and Language Acquisition
- Working alongside national staff in local refugee ministries
- Participation in local church and their ministries
- Developing new relationships and opportunities to share the gospel with house visits, worship services, and small group ministry
- Fill out Horizons Beirut Internship Application
- Interview and subsequent pre-arrival orientation with the International Teams Coordinator
This ministry position requires the staff to raise salary through partnership development. Training will be provided in partnership development.
Inquire about this position or introduction yourself letting us know how you want to serve by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Total time of application process: 3-4 months
Submit this application: On your own time
Application review and applicant reference check: At least one month
Interview with Internship Coordinator: About 1 week to schedule
Interview with Horizons Staff: About 1 week to schedule
After Acceptance // Pre-Arrival Orientation & Training
Arabic, Cross Cultural Studies, and Required Readings: On your own time
Determine Budget: 1 week to schedule Budget Planning Meeting
Pre-Arrival Training Sessions: 5 weeks with 1 session per week