Job Description: Executive Assistant to the President
The Assistant to the President reports to the President of Horizons International.
The Assistant to the President provides secretarial, logistical, and administrative support to the President. The Assistant to the President also provides similar assistance to areas of Horizons ministry as requested and available.
· Review the President’s schedule, and advise the President of upcoming responsibilities and events.
· Provide a central point of information for the President regarding all significant events/issues at Horizons International that have occurred while the President is traveling.
· Assist other Horizons International staff as requested and available.
· Maintain the Assistant to the President’s Manual.
· Provide support to President regarding phone calls, typing notes, preparing thank you notes, filing, and Board meeting preparation.
· Coordinate travel (including airline, hotel, and automobile reservations).
· Coordinate registrations and payment for events attended by the President.
· Complete any tasks assigned by the President.
· Greet guests.
· Communicate to the cook any guests for lunch or dinner.
· Tidy the President’s office and set it up for meetings.
B. Horizons Main Office:
· Answer telephone calls, answer questions, take messages.
· Check answering machine, take messages, return calls.
· Distribute mail and messages to staff inboxes.
· Forward mail to past residents.
· Check email@example.com e-mail and distribute e-mails received.
· Maintain office supplies, including reordering.
· Act as the main contact for Ricoh regarding copier repair, parts, supplies.
· Tidy the Main Office.
· Scan items for staff & residents.
· Maintain the list of resources in the bookstore, with pricing.
· Order resources as requested.
· Maintain the bookstore in good order.
· Sell books in the bookstore (e.g., collect money and give receipts).
· Provide a backup for the Housing Manager as needed (e.g., collecting and receipting rent, maintaining the Excel file of paid rents).
· Assist the Training Coordinator when requested (e.g., printing and putting binders together).