Job Description: Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant to the Horizons office in Boulder may be involved in many areas of the global work of Horizons, with special emphasis on the administrative needs in Boulder.
- Needs to know and understand the mission of Horizons and be able to reflect it in their communication.
- Needs to organize their time to manage a variety of tasks in different spheres of the ministry.
- The administrative assistant needs to have good communication skills and a desire to interact with, assist, and share Christ with the students who live in the International Crossroads residence.
· The exact job description would be determined based on skills of the candidate and needs of the administrative team. The tasks and responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant may include these departments:
- Assisting with coordination of training programs locally, nationally, and globally.
- International Student Ministry
- Preparing for student ministry events
- Media and Communication Department
- Personnel Department (HR)
- Global ministry including MENA
- Development and Fund Raising
- International Student Housing
- Preparing rooms, screening potential residents, assisting with needs of students, receiving and tracking rent payments.
- General administrative needs:
- Mail and E-mail management
- Travel logistics
- Answering phones, and taking messages.
- Prepare Keynote presentations for the Training program and others as needed.
All staff will at various times need to serve in areas outside of their job description.
Horizons strives to build diverse teams, however we are unable to sponsor visas for those who don’t already have a U.S. passport or work visa.